The family

The family
The family

Monday, December 12, 2011

Blessed

So for the last month or so i have not been feeling well, I have had strep throat, and sinus infection, at least that's what the Dr thinks has been going on. besides the fact that I have not been sleeping because my mind wont shut down. my head hits the pillow and my brain goes into high gear. I have been stressed out with wedding arrangements for Ben and Sam, you know a mother always worries about every little detail at least I do. and I am sad because we are losing my dear brother in law David Miles who is dyeing of colon cancer and liver cancer, and his time is becoming very short. etc etc etc. But then on the way home from town today I was listening to a favorite CD and the first song that came on was one with the lyrics that went like this.( I am blessed, every day of my life I am blessed. All I need he's given me, I am blessed. There's no doubt Heaven watches ...over me there's no doubt, through thick and thin I trust in him there's no doubt. I'll be faithful, I'll be faithful, faithful as the rising sun and steady northern star, constant and true to his name, like an ocean wave pushing through until it reaches shore, day after day I will remain, faithful. and so on.) And I started thinking. I am blessed, life is stressful. but I haven't been left alone in my struggles, I have a Dr who can make me better. Thank you Dr.Scott Malm A friend who let me unload my worries and frustrations on her. Thank you Melinda Saville. I am gaining a beautiful daughter, Samantha Doney, and I have good and honorable children, who, for the most part help with what ever I ask of them. And even though I am going to have to say good by to my dear brother in law for a while. and watch my sweet sister suffer this lose At least we had him in our lives and he has influenced us for good. I have the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life, I know where I came from before this life and I know where we all will be after this life. I have family and friends who love me in this world and in the world to come. and I have my Savior to give me strength and peace. I have sweet sisters in this gospel who I serve with who cut me a lot slack and give me the time away from my callings to do what is needed for my family.And I have a husband who works hard to take care of our family's needs and calls and checks on me to be sure I am making it home safe from town, because he knows I am not feeling well and am feeling like I am about to pop a cork. For all of you, I truly, AM BLESSED.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful and uplifting post. You are so right. I miss my boy but I'm so very blessed to have had him even just a short time. My life have been blessed so very much because of my sweet Gabriel. I needed this reminder this week. I love you my mommy.

    ReplyDelete