The family

The family
The family

Friday, September 23, 2011

A day for my brother and my grandsons

Today started out with me watching little Bryan while Mathew and Alice went Elk Hunting, He is such a good baby to watch. we played together and he gave his grandma some very cute giggles. Then this afternoon after Matt and Alice got back I took some flowers up to the grave yard to put on Gabriel's grave for his mom and dad that Amy had put together but didn’t get time to come to Lava and put them on his grave herself. she did a very good job arranging them and they always brighten his grave when we put new flowers on it. I also put some fall leaves on Grant and JaLain’s graves while I was up there. so now the graves look nice for the fall.

2011_09_23_0517 (Medium)

2011_09_23_0518 (Medium)

After I left the Lava Cemetery I went to the McCammon (Norton Cemetery) to meat Melissa & Kenny and Shannon and Cody and their families.  Gary’s headstone was delivered today so I met them there when it was placed. It is a beautiful Headstone, Gary would be honored to have such a headstone. and most importantly it is a place that the kids can come and feel close to him. It truly represents Gary and the things he loved and is a beautiful monument to him.

 

2011_09_23_0522 (Medium) 2011_09_23_0525 (Medium)   2011_09_23_0526 (Medium) 2011_09_23_0527 (Medium)

It has the Navy and the Army seal on it because he served in both the Navy and the Army He joined the Navy after Collage and then later after he was released from the Navy and had started a family he joined the Army. He retired from the Army a few years ago.  The bottom picture is of his headstone, Mom and Dads and Glenda’s that are all next to each other. The Kids in the pictures are Ivey Meeks and Ian Cotner the two on each end. they are Melissa’s and Kenney’s then Sterling and Kenley Jewks who are in the middle who belong to Shannon and Cody.

2011_09_23_0523 (Medium)

Now I think I will make Dutch oven potatoes and steak for dinner.

1 comment:

  1. The headstone for Gary's is really nice. one of the nicest I have seen. He would be very proud. I wish he was still here.Even though you do not see one for many years there's a comfort knowing they are still around. love , Sandy

    ReplyDelete