The family

The family
The family

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Missing Ben

 

It seams that when your a young mother with many children in the house its kayos most of the time. But as time goes on and as each child leaves home, a part of your heart goes with them. you pray for their safety, their happiness, you pray they will learn the lessons that they need to know, that you could not teach them while they were living at home. The lessons that only living life can teach them. And you pray that they will remember the basics that you have taught them so they can make it through those life lessons somewhat unscathed and that they will keep with them always, the love, morals & integrity that you’ve tried so hard to teach them in their youth.

All of my older children have done pretty well for themselves. each has made mistakes and each has had great success at times. Some times we’ve had to help them out with money or going and getting them out of a predicament they’ve gotten themselves into. Or just helped them when life has become so overwhelming that it takes all of us to get through it. Now it’s my youngest child's turn, And after having 4 others move out and get on with life. I have learned a few things. One; mom can’t fix everything, Two; mom shouldn’t fix everything, they never learn the lessons they need to learn if I do. Three'; it doesn’t matter which child it is that has moved out,you will always worry about them. Four; it doesn’t matter how old they are you still worry about them at times.

But now it’s my youngest, he has chosen a different path all together  than his siblings. He is a Army National Guardsmen and he is at Basic Training right now at FT Sill Oklahoma. I know he is well taken care of. and I know that he knows how to obey his commanding officers so he shouldn’t get in much trouble, I know he is safe for  now. I also know he is away from home, in a foreign atmosphere, working his heart out learning to be a solder. I know he misses home, his family, his girl friend and all the things that are familiar to him.  So I worry. I pray every day that God helps him through the day. And then I pray every night that God watches over him at night, that he doesn’t feel alone, that he knows that in my heart I am right there with him. lending him my strength, my faith, and anything else he may need at any given moment. That’s what a mother does. But most of all I am trusting him to our Heavenly Father. I can’t be there to watch over him, but God can, I can’t give him strength, but God can, I can’t pick him up when he’s down, but God can. I know I can trust each of my kids to God and he can work miracles in their lives. And that is how I get through each day letting my children leave the nest and make their own way in the world.

I miss you Ben. I miss your smile and your smart alick comments that make me laugh, I miss your great big bear hugs, I miss hearing you play your violin,your guitar & your trombone. I miss our talks.

I Just miss YOU. 

Private 1st class Benjamin F Egley (Medium)Above is a picture of Benjamin F Egley right after he got his uniform. bellow is a Album of some of the things Ben is doing right now, Ben is not necessarily in the pictures. But it is his Battalion I will post new pic’s as they come from the Battalion Commander. 

No comments:

Post a Comment