The family

The family
The family

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Changing the tractor oil and filters can be done with one hand and one leg.

Life has been interesting since Grant had his shoulder surgery, He is getting really good at doing things with his left hand And he's been really helpful around the house since he wakes up early in the morning (3 & 4 am early) and I am not up at that time. and since my knee is giving me fits he has tried to save me a lot of foot work by taking over caring for the chickens when it's our week, and hauling all the wood to the back porch one or two pieces at a time. So today was my pay back day I think, Our tractor needed all the hydraulic oil changed and the fuel filters changed. So I have now learned a little more mechanics. LOL. he's one handed and I am one legged, so we make quite a pair. We had 3 5 gallon buckets of fluid to put in the tractor. so we devised a plan for him to hold the funnel while I pored the fluid from the 5 gallon bucket to a couple of one gallon jugs then he climbed into the tractor and I handed up the gallon jugs up to him. It took most of the afternoon but we got it all done. That's pretty sad to say it took all afternoon to change the oil in a tractor but it did and actually even though my knee is pretty sore, it was a nice afternoon with my hubby because we were able to laugh at ourselves and when I got off balance he steadied me and when he couldn't turn bolts I turned them for him. But I am glad Matt got off work when he did. I can just imagine what kind of a mess we would have made climbing on top of the house to clean the chimney out.
Thanks Matt Egley for taking care of the rest of our chores that needed done and Thanks Jared Egley for calling me back to see if we needed something.

No comments:

Post a Comment