The family

The family
The family

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Bradley Eugene Thomsen, 17 Sep 1965 - 6 March 2012

 

It seams that lately I am always and forever catching up. I hate catching up with life. whether it is in here in my blog or in real life. The world is speeding on and I feel too slow to keep up. There are so many things that have happened in this past year. and here we are in a new year. And I am still behind. I try to use my time wisely  although I do sleep in most days because I am so tired. but let me tell you what has been going on for the past few months and maybe you and I can not judge me to harshly.  Let’s see the last post I made was about two great men. Now I need to add another great Man to my list of loved ones who have gone on to the other side of the vale.  On March 6th 2012 I said good by to my sweet nephew Bradley Eugene Thomsen. He was an awesome man who even though he was only 5 years younger than I was. He was someone who I truly looked up to. Brad fought so many battles for his health in his life, beginning with the day he was born, He and his mother almost died, had it not been for my moms close watch over Kathy, Brads mom she would have bleed to death and Bradley would never have been born into this world. Through out the years he had his typical years of scrapes and bruises and was almost killed several times. He served in the US Navy for many years. and then went to school to become an airplane mechanic. Then he met his sweet wife Debbie Hall, They married and started a family. with first Benjamin, then came Mason, then Colby. they are great boys. Brad can be very proud of them. Brads Kidneys started shutting down about the time they started their family , There was little the Drs could do and so Bradley went on dialyses until a donor kidney could be found, when one was found they put him on anti rejection medicine so his body would keep the kidney. It worked very well but it had a catch, one of the side effects was that it could cause throat  cancer. several years later it did. and for the past 3 years Brad has been taking chemo treatments, radiation treatments and what ever else he could do so he could stay here on this earth and raise his boys. But that was not Gods plan for our Brad, So we said good by to him and now we will do what we can to support and help Debbie and their boys. It’s funny when Brad and i were little we were more like siblings than Aunt and nephew, we played together, irritated each other, fought, got in trouble together, and got out of trouble together. He gave me the mumps and his younger brother David who has also passed on gave me the measles,  Then after I married  we lived not fare from where Brads dad lived and Brad and David lived with their dad. Bryon lived with his mom and her new husband and new baby brother Nicholas Bowman. Many times they would come over to my house looking for cookies or to play with Amy or just wanting someone to let them know that they were loved. you see their Dad was an alcoholic and so was their step mom. She had a son named Joey and Brad would just bring them all over when his dad was at work and She was drinking. several nights they stayed on our front room floor and went to school from our house the next morning. and many times they just came to have cookies and milk and then would be off to do their chores or what ever boys do. But Bradley was always looking after his younger brothers, even his step brother Joey. who eventually became Brad, David’s and Bryon’s adopted brother. Joey still calls me the cookie Aunt.  As Brad grew up and left home we grew apart. not seeing each other much, I should have made a greater effort to keep in touch with him but we were both busy with our own lives . And then last year they came up for a family trip. after all the cancer treatments it was difficult to talk with Brad. but we just enjoyed spending some time with each other.  And getting to know each others kids. Mine all grown up and his still so young. Then he and Debbie made the decision to move to Idaho from Nevada, to be close to the family. Bradley new he was loosing his battle with cancer and wanted Deb and the boys to be close to his family where he felt they would have more support. I pray we can all fulfill his wishes. I will do my best. I miss you my Brad. I miss the time we could have had getting reacquainted. Your mom misses you so much and is so afraid of her life without you and David. She has us, me and aunt Marilyenn and her friends but being with out one of your children is so hard to bear much less having to give up two of you. We’ll see you again some day I know. And then maybe you and I can get reacquainted as adults.     

Brad Thomsen, & Benjamin Egley, the oldest & youngest grandchildren of Fred & Dorthey Easter Brad Thomsen, Brion Thomsen, David Thomsen, & Nick Bowmen

       The oldest and youngest grandkids of Fred and Dorothy Easter, Bradley Eugene Thomsen and Benjamin Fredrick Egley. Picture two is Bradley, David, Bryon and Nick.  The next is of Bradley and I. he was 3 and I was 8.

Debie E, Holding nephew Bradly ThomsenJuly 11, 2011, family get together, in Lava. (7) (Medium)Brad & Debbie thomesn's family, 2008

                                            Brad, Benjamin, Debbie, Colby, Kathy, and in the front is Leslie Miles Daniels, and Mason Thomsen.

July 11, 2011, family get together, in Lava. (17) (Medium) 

This is about 1/2 of mom and dads posterity . and Brad and Debbie and the boys.

Bradley's Funeral Program (Medium)[5]

"I believe that none of us can conceive the full import of what Christ did for us in Gethsemane, but I am grateful every day of my life for His atoning sacrifice in our behalf. ... The darkness of death can ever be dispelled by the light of revealed truth. ‘I am the resurrection, and the life,’ spoke the Master. ‘He that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die.’"
—President Thomas S. Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment