The family

The family
The family

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A busy day, picking raspberries, canning raspberries, and swimming with friends and family.

 

Today was a busy day. first I finished picking the raspberries and then bottled them in pint bottles, I put up 21 bottles, not nearly enough to last Grant a year but a good start. After that I weeded the flower beds, did the dishes and then I went swimming. Amy brought the kids out to go swimming today and her sister in law and our friend Malinda came with her and brought her son Josh. I called Alice and Sativa and invited them. Sativa didn’t feel like going but Alice did. It was a fun day playing with the kids and visiting with great women. Little Bryan got to go swimming for the first time today. and I think after he got used to the water he liked it. I bought him a cute float tube so he could just sit back and relax and enjoy the water.

100_3603100_3602

I think all the kids had fun, and I learned that I could still do a handstand and a front flip under the water, I guess that’s not bad for being 51 years old. I taught Katie and Madison how to do the side stroke, and was throwing Katie off my shoulders when I came up out of the water. So it was a pretty fun day. Then after we were done at the pool we went to Fat Jakes and had Milk Shakes. MMMMMM Huckleberry Milkshakes.Yummy Yummy Yummy. Ben will be envious when I send him the pictures. he loves Huckleberry Milkshakes as much as I do.

  100_3604   100_3606100_3607   100_3611100_3610 

This bottom one is for Ben. He’ll think we are mean but we wanted him to know that we were enjoying Huckleberry Milkshakes in his honor. besides; their just Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment